--nextPart1362676.ATX8umjz3b

Quoth MenTaLguY:
> On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 04:08:38 +0900, Konrad Meyer <konrad / tylerc.org> wrot=
e:
> > Anyone doing any sort of programming should be using a font that
> > distinguishes 1 and l.
> >=20
> > Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh, but using a good font is important.
>=20
> This is very true, but there are plenty of situations where you can't
> control the font your code will be viewed in.  For example, in the case
> of email and the web, you are often at the mercy of the font choices made
> by your readers (and/or the makers of their software).
>=20
> So, I'd suggest doing both:  use good fonts when you can, and minimize
> the use of ambiguous letters for the sake of those viewing your code under
> less-than-ideal conditions.
>=20
> -mental

The same goes for your email client. GUI clients will let you change the fo=
nt=20
to something nice. Console clients, you can change your console emulator's=
=20
font (unless you're at a real console, in which case you're SOL :D).

Regards,
=2D-=20
Konrad Meyer <konrad / tylerc.org> http://konrad.sobertillnoon.com/