Todd A. Jacobs wrote:

> aren't showing up, but they ARE in the HTML. I suppose it helps if you
> have access to the data sources and the methodology of the (error-prone)
> programmer that's accessing them. :)

It sounds like javascript may be adding the fields you want.  When you
load the page in a browser, the browser's javascript software kicks in
and can add html to the page.  However, when you grab a page with
mechanize, you get the pre-javascript page, and as far as I know,
mechanize does not have the ability to interpret the javascript and make
changes to the html based on what the javascript says to do.

Well designed websites design their pages so that users without
javascript enabled are served simpler pages that have all the required
html for forms and the necessary html to navigate around the website.
The trick is getting the server to send you those pages.  You have to be
good with html and js and dig around a bit to figure it out.  Or, if the
site has a lot of traffic, there might be an article on how to do it.