On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 01:55:18 +0900, James Britt <james.britt / gmail.com> wrote:
> I do not care for the new logo, finding it clumsy and complex, useless
> at small resolutions and monotone renderings...

Fully concur.  Also, as a merely practical matter, this logo will be
difficult (and therefore expensive) to print well[1].

General advice to the mailing list from someone with a degree in graphic
design:  do not accept a logo proposal without considering the one- and
two- color treatments, and what it looks like at small sizes[2].

-mental

[1] Think teeshirts, hats and mugs, not book covers.

[2] Rule of thumb:  if you can't make a recognizable favicon out
                    of, you lose.