On Oct 29, 2007, at 7:53 PM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

> James Edward Gray II wrote:
>> On Oct 29, 2007, at 6:06 AM, Scissors Paper wrote:
>>> making a game for uni in ruby for the first time, called scissors
>>> papers
>>> stone and wanted to know if you can find out what method your
>>> oppenents
>>> are using before they use and and counter them.
>> This was a Ruby Quiz some time ago:
>>   http://www.rubyquiz.com/quiz16.html
>> James Edward Gray II
>
> Hmmm ... reminds me of the old Claude Shannon penny matching
> machine. Isn't rock/paper/scissors the base-three equivalent of
> that? Anyhow, if you can find the Shannon paper, it will give you
> some clues on how to do rock/paper/scissors against a human opponent.

Oh but it is so much more than a number game.
It is about timing and has the x-factor of personality like in Poker.
Doesn't make a good computer game.
As "janken" in Japan it is frequently used to settle minor disputes
and make decisions by people of all ages.
Yet, I've never seen a video game version of it in Japan...