Le 30 octobre 2007 ? 04:01, James Edward Gray II a ?crit :

> I did have to revert because Usenet was rejecting my posts.  It's how
> TMail is doing the headers.  For example, TMail constructed a header
> like:
>
> "X-Ruby-Talk:\r\n\t<11152772-
> AAFA-4614-95FD-9071A4BDF4A1 / grayproductions.net>\r\n"

Double-plus-ungood.  Strictly, it _may_ be an acceptable folded header,
but it's the first time I see that kind of syntax in the wild (with the
break directly after the colon).

> My Usenet host rejected that header because it didn't have a space
> after the colon.
>
> I'm hesitant to call that a bug since I'm trying to use an email
> library for Usenet posts.  Does anyone know if this is a strict
> requirement of Usenet posts and/or email?

Yes, both.  Usenet and mail use the same generic message format (RFC
2822 [1]).  The headers used and the signification of those may be
slightly different, but the messages are to be structured the same way.

The real difference comes from the administrative standpoint, where
rules governing (the text part of) Usenet are much more restrictive
(since there are nothing like a binary email address versus a text only
email address).

Fred
[1] : ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc2822.txt
--
Face it: the people doing the hiring are morons. So are the venture
capitalists, for ever letting most of the dot-coms see any light other