On Oct 29, 2007, at 8:37 PM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

> So ... is anyone doing computational fluid dynamics in Ruby? ;)

There's a company (Fluent) located in my town that does fluid
dynamics... in C... But they have many modules of their stuff in
Python. I spoke to one of the guys at my Linux Users Group meeting,
and he says they **might** start doing some modules in Ruby by next
year (I wanted to do some basic interning there, like systems
administration, dirty work, etc).

So in short... There're some things in Python that may or may not be
open source, and then porting those to Ruby shouldn't be too hard.

I'll email the guy, and ask him about maybe releasing some of their
code ;-)

HTH,
~ Ari
English is like a pseudo-random number generator - there are a
bajillion rules to it, but nobody cares.