Phlip wrote:
>> I am trying to zip an existing directory using the following code:
>>
>> system("zip /Users/petermarks/Desktop/orbus/public/1/daily/2007-10-29")
>>
>> but get this error:
>>
>> zip error: Nothing to do!
>> (/Users/petermarks/Desktop/orbus/public/1/daily/2007-10-29.zip)
>
> How does zip work on the command line? What does zip --help tell you?
>
> You must list some files for it to zip, or at least a wildcard *.

At least on Linux / Cygwin, the command to make a zip archive from a
directory is

$ zip archive-file.zip /path/to/archive

The first parameter is the output archive file name and the *second*
parameter is the path you want to archive. So what it's complaining
about is that you didn't give it the output archive file name, just the
path that you wanted to archive.