On Oct 29, 2007 8:34 PM, X43 X43 <a43131 / yahoo.com> wrote:
> Michael Steinfeld wrote:
> > Did you install MySQL? Binary or Source? Even if you are connecting to
> > a remote database, you are still going to have to have mysql header
> > files and libs installed.
>
> NO I haven't installed MYSQL ( Binary/libraries/header files). Do you
> mean a *full* mysql install ? Or are there drivers available ??

So, you need to install MySQL first. You can grab a binary installer
from mysql.com for your architecture.

Then, in order to install the Ruby bindings, follow the steps here:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/ruby/wiki/Troubleshooting#IcannotbuildrubymysqlonLeopardwithmysql.combinaries

Please tell us if this doesn't work for you.

Laurent