On Oct 28, 2007, at 4:20 PM, James Edward Gray II wrote:

> Now I need all of you email and Usenet experts to tell me if that's
> a sane strategy.

OK, here is the revised plan folks.  Complain now if you see flaws:

* The gateway will only alter messages with a top-level content-type
of multipart/alternative or multipart/related
* For both types of messages, if will search for the first text/plain
part and promote that to the body, discarding other types (this is
probably not the ideal handling multipart/related, but it seems to
fit the messages we are seeing on Ruby Talk)
* All modified messages will begin with a disclaimer on the first line

James Edward Gray II