Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:
> James Britt wrote:
>> Ara, if you're at RubyConf this weekend, ask me about Monkeybars.
>>
>> We at Rising Tide are doing interesting work with JRuby & Swing.
>
> I'd like to hear more about it too :) Maybe you could talk a bit about
> it here?

I'll pester my fellow Risers to pipe up.  :)

We have two R'Forge projects, Railgun and Monkeybars, that aim to make
doing GUI Java apps fun.  That is, you don't write any Java, just
(J)Ruby.  But among the things we've talked about is the idea of chubby
clients; apps that use the Internet and/or local networking to play
smarter.  There's lots of opportunity for robust GUI apps that share
data, chat with peers, interact with Web services, and so on.

If there's a RejectConf this weekend we'll be sure to show something.
(David Koontz' proposal to talk about Railgun was among the rejected. :( )

--
James Britt

www.risingtidesoftware.com
602-714-1147