On 29 Oct, 15:08, Wincent Colaiuta <w... / wincent.com> wrote:
> Here's an excerpt from a simple extconf.rb:
>
>     have_header('antlr3.h')
>     have_library('antlr3c', 'antlr3ParserNew')
>
> The "have_library" line worked fine on the previous version of Mac OS
> X (Tiger), but under Leopard it can't find the library. Output is:
>
>     checking for antlr3ParserNew() in -lantlr3c... no
>
> The library is definitely present at "/usr/local/lib/libantlr3c.a" and
> inspection using the "nm" tool reveals that the "antlr3ParserNew"
> symbol is definitely present in the library.

Note: it may help to indicate which Ruby installation you're using -
Apple's or something else?

Anyway... something that may or may not be directly related to your
problem, but in trying to create a universal build of Ruby 1.8.6 I've
found that when a build done on my main i386 box is moved to my old
PPC machine for testing, mkmf's have_func() method works correctly on
the former but always returns false on the latter. (I've not tried
building on PPC and testing the result on PPC+i386 yet, so don't know
what happens there.)

Unfortunately I've not had much time to work on the problem myself
(and don't expect to for at least the next fortnight) and haven't yet
managed to contact the RubyOSX project maintainer (Matthias
Tarasiewicz, whose original build instructions I've been adapting to
suit) or the author of the UB patch I'm currently using (Eloy Duran)
to see if they've any ideas.

I'm also wondering if Apple's own patches have already appeared or
will appear in the main Ruby trunk now that Leopard's out - again,
I've not had time to investigate myself. Anyone know more about this?

In the meantime, if anyone wants a copy of what I've got so far
(Eloy's UB+thread patches updated for Ruby 1.8.6 p111 and an update to
RubyOSX's build instructions) I'll be happy to pass it on.

HTH

has
--
http://appscript.sourceforge.net