On Oct 28, 2007, at 9:25 PM, Trans wrote:

> I run into a bit of a snag. I've augmented the #require and #load
> methods and noticed that #autoload doesn't pick up on it --though the
> docs say #autoload uses #require. Apparently it uses it's own internal
> code though, separate from any defined in the script. So there seems
> to be no way to override #autoload to tie in these augmentations.
>
> This also has an effect on Rubygems, btw. Notice:
>
>    require 'rubygems'
>    autoload(:RedCloth, 'redcloth')
>    p RedCloth
>
> produces
>
>    no such file to load -- redcloth (LoadError)
>
> even though the redcloth gem is in fact installed.
>
> I suspect there's no way around this. If so, can we get that fixed in
> the next release of Ruby?
>
> Thanks,
> -T.
>
> (I know, this should probably go to ruby-core list. But I
> (purposefully) do not subscribe to that list any more.)

it works for me:

cfp:~ > ruby -e'  autoload "Dike", "dike.rb"; p Dike  '
Dike

cfp:~ > ruby -e'  require "rubygems"; autoload "Dike", "dike.rb"; p
Dike  '
Dike

are you sure that autoload line works in isolation?

a @ http://codeforpeople.com/
--
it is not enough to be compassionate.  you must act.
h.h. the 14th dalai lama