On Oct 29, 2007, at 10:02 AM, Todd Benson wrote:

> On 10/29/07, James Edward Gray II <james / grayproductions.net> wrote:
>> On Oct 28, 2007, at 11:35 PM, Nobuyoshi Nakada wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> Oops, it was multipart/related, and I removed the paragraph
>>> mentioned about it.  My mistake, sorry.
>>
>> I've been looking into this a little this morning.
>>
>> We do receive multipart/related messages, though they seem fairly
>> uncommon compared to multipart/alternative.  They don't appear to be
>> gated properly.  In fact, the mailing list archives don't even seem
>> to show them.  For example 271796 was a multipart/related message and
>> I can't find it in the archives or on comp.lang.ruby.
>>
>> To understand what we are dealing with here, I read:
>>
>>    http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2387.html
>>
>> This type does not seem easy to deal with and I open to suggestions
>> for the best strategy to use.
>>
>> James Edward Gray II
>
> I haven't built enough clout in this group for my opinion to matter,
> but here goes...

I'm in over my head with all this email stuff and need all the help I
can get.  The gateway belongs to all of us, not my.  So don't be
shy.  Help me fix this right and we all benefit.

> James did a great job with the gateway ... no doubt about that.

Just to be totally clear, I didn't make the original gateway.  I'm
just the current caretaker.

> Make sure, James and others, that you label the reformed
> emails/postings with some kind of rejoinder that says something to the
> effect of "mail/posting has been modified to make it available."

I will absolutely do this.  The code I posted earlier in this thread
already does.

James Edward Gray II