Hi all,

After 9 months, the second incarnation of RubyJS is out (a complete rewrite).
RubyJS compiles Ruby to Javascript and tries to be as efficient as possible
without sacrifying Ruby's beauty.

This is a pre-release. I hope I can import some local code that lies here around
till RubyConf.

A small example:

   # hw.rb
   require 'rwt/DOM'

   class HelloWorld
     def self.main
       out = DOM.getElementById('out')
       DOM.setInnerText(out, 'hello world')

   <!-- index.html -->
       <script src="hw.js"></script>

Compile it:

   rubyjs_gen --main HelloWorld hw.rb > hw.js

And start index.html inside your browser.
Oh, and don't forget the optimization flags:

   rubyjs_gen --show-options

What works?
===========

   * Most if not all Ruby constructs!
   * Accessing/modifying DOM in your browser
   * JSON

What is missing?
================

   * The port of Google Web Toolkit is not yet completed.
   * Applications ;-)
   * A lot of methods in the core library

DOWNLOAD
=========