On Oct 28, 2007, at 12:45 AM, Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:

> What more would folks like to know about?

thing which impressed me most at your excellent mtn. west rubyconf
talk was the little swing demo: the ability to quickly (or more
quickly) write cross platform desktop applications is quite
interesting.  perhaps i'm not the only one to consider that a fully
ajaxified, or even single page, desktop app offers little more, in
some respects, than a java application that connects to a central db.

so i'm primarily interested is seeing how we can use jruby to open up
new markets to ruby like desktop applications, running jruby in the
browser, etc. maybe jruby can bring back the applet!

it is very exciting and i personally wouldn't mind seeing more of it
on ruby-talk

kind regards

a @ http://codeforpeople.com/
better. simply reflect on that.