James Edward Gray II wrote:
> I've been looking into this a little this morning.
>
> We do receive multipart/related messages, though they seem fairly
> uncommon compared to multipart/alternative.  They don't appear to be
> gated properly.  In fact, the mailing list archives don't even seem to
> show them.  For example 271796 was a multipart/related message and I
> can't find it in the archives or on comp.lang.ruby.
>
> To understand what we are dealing with here, I read:
>
>   http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2387.html
>
> This type does not seem easy to deal with and I open to suggestions for
> the best strategy to use.

AFAIK it's mostly used for HTML messages with images embedded in the
email itself. I guess it would mostly be one part of a
multipart/alternative message, of which one alternative should be
text/plain anyway. Otherwise, you're most likely left with HTML to
strip, and images which you may either drop or attach to the output as
files.

Sorry if I happen to be wrong on one point or the other.

mortee