"What are you doing with ruby?"
Everything. Its my language for all tasks and I just laugh into the face
of anyone telling people to use the best tool for a given job (though I
_partially_ agree if speed is a big concern ... ) ;)

"What would you *like* to do with ruby?"
An OS with much more ruby and objects instead of ugly C, shell scripts
and perl everywhere all over the place. A gimp-like image manipulation
program in ruby. Audio Generation via objects/piping. A way to easily
use ruby similar to how .php was used (and gained popularity despite
being a bad language). Recommend it to other people and for this have
much better online docs.
Use ruby much more for creating game content (as "scripting language").
Hmm i think i forgot a lot of stuff... well my todo list is full with
things...

"Do you see ruby as a focal-point or general purpose language?"
General purpose. But in some areas it could need a little specialized
purpose attention IMHO ... ;)

"Has anyone worked with ruby along side c++ ?"
Not me. A bit C+Ruby but C is so incredibly boring ...

"Has anyone tryed ruby with Qt4 ?"
Yes, Qt4 does IMHO look even better than gtk, but I am too lazy to
scrape
together all info about qt4. They need a wiki, I keep on telling them
this,
but as long as they dont have a wiki i just recommend people to use
ruby-gtk.
(Btw just so that there is no misunderstanding, the guy behind ruby-qt
is very
nice, friendly and helpful.)

"How about ruby with a big, bad oo-database like Objectivity?"
Dunno... never had a need for a huge database anyway. Just some sqlite
but
for my stuff, generating yaml is just fine... (But on my todo list is
a database