On Oct 28, 2007, at 11:35 PM, Nobuyoshi Nakada wrote:

> Hi,

>>> I wasn't even aware of that format, to be honest.  I knew of
>>> multipart/mixed (which our Usenet host will allow) and multipart/
>>> alternative.  What is the purpose of multipart/relative?
>>
>> As the above.
>
> Oops, it was multipart/related, and I removed the paragraph
> mentioned about it.  My mistake, sorry.

I've been looking into this a little this morning.

We do receive multipart/related messages, though they seem fairly
uncommon compared to multipart/alternative.  They don't appear to be
gated properly.  In fact, the mailing list archives don't even seem
to show them.  For example 271796 was a multipart/related message and
I can't find it in the archives or on comp.lang.ruby.

To understand what we are dealing with here, I read:

   http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2387.html

This type does not seem easy to deal with and I open to suggestions
for the best strategy to use.

James Edward Gray II