On 29 Oct, 09:58, "Matt Mower" <matt.mo... / gmail.com> wrote:
> Being unfamiliar with Appscript as well as AppleScript in general it
> took me a few tries to to go from your example to making a new session
> and executing a command. The key was to appreciate that Appscript
> follows script dictionary closely and
> uses the literal AppleScript parameters passed in hashes.

If you've installed from gem, you might want to grab a copy of
the .zip distribution as well to get the documentation and examples
[1]. The appscript manual includes a tutorial that should help you get
started.

I'd also recommend getting ASDictionary and ASTranslate if you've not
already done so; see <http://rb-appscript.rubyforge.org/
downloads.html>.

HTH

has

[1] RubyGems does include all this stuff in the installed gem as well,
but you have to go hunting around your Ruby installation to find it
yourself.
--
http://appscript.sourceforge.net
http://rb-appscript.rubyforge.org