Oliver, first of all thank you for the hard work! I hope I get to use
JRuby soon - but as always it's a matter of resources (time in this
case).

2007/10/28, Charles Oliver Nutter <charles.nutter / sun.com>:
> In the 1.0 line, JRuby operates primarily as an interpreter comparable
> to the standard Ruby 1.8.x implementation.
>
> In 1.1, JRuby includes a 100% complete Ruby-to-bytecode compiler, that
> increases performance substantially.

> What more would folks like to know about?

Why did you not label the "ruby to bytecode" version 2.0 instead -
this seems like a major architectural change and it would have been
worth a major release, wouldn't it?

Kind regards

robert