So I found a wonderfully easy method of taking a bunch
of images from my digital camera and making a HTML-based
contact sheet index, slide show, etc., see

  http://www.bb-zone.com/zope/bbzone/projects/bbgallery

for details.

The trouble (IMO) is that it is written in Perl using the
Gimp-Perl interface so I can not easily tweak it to suit
my purposes since I gave-up 10 years of trying to learn/
decipher Perl after finding Ruby in the beginning of
the year...

The author mentions that the script only took a couple of
days to create; so I thought someone might have already done
something similar in Ruby via Ruby-Gimp in a few hours. ;)

Anyone?

(I am finding the Ruby-Gimp documentation a bit obtuse...)

TIA,
--
Bil