Hi,

At Mon, 29 Oct 2007 12:18:40 +0900,
James Edward Gray II wrote in [ruby-talk:276357]:
> >> 1.  If possible, we should gather all text/plain portions of an email
> >> and post those with a content-type of text/plain
> >
> > Rather I want it to be done by FML itself on ruyb-lang.org.
>
> Excellent.  Are their any plans to make that happen?

I'm asking to eban.

> Do you know if multipart content can be nested?  For example, could a
> single part of a multipart message itself be multipart?  The design
> of TMail seems to support this, but again it's easier if that's not
> the case.

Yes, and the depth isn't restricted.

> > I suspect you mean multipart/relative.
>
> I wasn't even aware of that format, to be honest.  I knew of
> multipart/mixed (which our Usenet host will allow) and multipart/
> alternative.  What is the purpose of multipart/relative?

As the above.

> >> I thought of trying to convert them all to UTF-8 with Iconv, but I'm
> >> not sure what to do if a type doesn't declare a charset or when Iconv
> >> chokes on what is declared?  Please share your opinions.
> >
> > Should be defaulted to US-ASCII.
>
> Do you mean that US-ASCII is the charset when one is not specified?

RFC 2045                Internet Message Bodies            November 1996

5.2.  Content-Type Defaults

   Default RFC 822 messages without a MIME Content-Type header are taken
   by this protocol to be plain text in the US-ASCII character set,
   which can be explicitly specified as:

   This default is assumed if no Content-Type header field is specified.

--
Nobu Nakada