>> What are you doing with ruby?

Having fun :-)

>> What would you *like* to do with ruby?

Write a UNIX shell that works under Winsucks and can be used as a full login
shell under BSD/Linux/Unix -> I was toying with this awhile back but lost time
to finish the basics.

Also as 'just for funs' I would like to write a (semi-toy) operating system
using Ruby and X86 Assembly / C (ISO/IEC 9899:1999). That takes POSIX into
consideration but provides a Ruby focused design. For the simple reason that I
would like to learn more about such things and I rather enjoy Ruby since I
don't like having to deal with some things in C

>> Do you see ruby as a focal-point or general purpose language?

Ruby is very useful for just about any thing

>> Has anyone worked with ruby along side c++ ?

Only if you count using QT/C++ Documentation for wqorking with QTRuby.

I generally use Ruby because I don't like C++ :-P

>> How about ruby with a big, bad oo-database like Objectivity?

Interesting idea...

TerryP.

--

Email and shopping with the feelgood factor!
55% of income to good causes. http://www.ippimail.com