Ben Bleything wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 27, 2007, 7stud -- wrote:
>> ...or would it be easiest to reinstall Xcode in its entirety and then
>> check a box that says to install X?  I went through the setup for the
>> Xcode installation before canceling out of it , and under "Software
>> Development Kits" there was an entry for "X11 SDK", but it was grayed
>> out.
>
> Honestly, I'm not sure.  It's been a long time since I installed the dev
> tools on Tiger and I don't remember all the steps.  You could try
> running the X11 sdk installer directly and see if it will let you.
> Otherwise, you could try deleting your /Developer and reinstalling, but
> that's sort of a lame option.
>
> You might be able to build what you need out of MacPorts as well, but I
> don't know.  Sorry.

On Install Disc1, I went into the directory Xcode Tools>Packages, and
then I clicked on the file X11SDK.pkg, and an installation wizard guided
me through a simple installation, which only required that I enter my
password.  But when I try to run the following program:

require 'tk'

I get the same error message as before:

dyld: NSLinkModule() error
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.6.dylib
  Referenced from: /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/universal-darwin8.0/tcltklib.bundle
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap