I don't think they're making ObjectSpace go away. Just
ObjectSpace#each_object.

(I'm not a Jruby developer, so I don't trust the correctness of anything
I say.)

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 22:13:38 +0900, Daniel Berger wrote:
> drb: This could be a big deal.
> weakref: You've stated that Java has its own implementation.

This uses _id2ref, which doesn't appear to be going away.

> cgi: This could be a problem. Then again, some people say this library
> should be refactored or tossed.
> finalize: Did anyone even know about this? Does anyone use it?
> tempfile: Meh, I'm guessing Java has its own library for temp files. I
> never liked the current implementation anyway (which is why I wrote
> file-temp).

Finalizers could be implemented using Java's finalize() method for
classes that need it. This method of implementing finalizers could
probably be compatibly exposed using ObjectSpace.

> shell: This could be a problem.

This looks broken anyway since it uses fork.

> singleton: Ditto.

one is in documentation comment, giving an example of a specific behavior
of the library. the other is in the same example, included executably
after an if __FILE__ == $0 condition. So no actual problem here.

> irb: You've got jirb.

jirb is (at its core) still the Ruby 1.8 IRB codebase. The example you
pointed ou is class (Module) iteration, used for completion, but it's
more general iteration than test/unit uses, and #inherited techniques
that can be used for test/unit may not work here.

--Ken

http://www.iit.edu/~kbloom1/