On Oct 28, 2007, at 2:45 AM, Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:

> What more would folks like to know about?

I'd just like to say, thank you so much for JRuby. I haven't had a
chance to actually use it yet, but the fact that it's out there means
a lot to me.

My dad is a Java fanatic. Drinks his coffee every morning, then goes
and practices Java.
When he saw this on a job application (like "have you ever done
JRuby"), he wanted to learn more about it. So now he's starting out.

But here's my question:

Can you set the compiler to generate the .class files, and then just
run those on someone else's computer?

Thanks,
Ari
If you're not living on the edge,