On 10/28/07, Raymond O'Connor <nappin713 / yahoo.com> wrote:
> RE: Jano Svitok
>
> Thanks for your help.  I tried out size on the mandriva iso and it came
> out correctly, so I'm not sure what the problem is, but my guess at this
> point is something is set up oddly on the ftp server I connect to
> (Unfortunately its private so I can't post its information).
>
> I did do calculations and for some reason on the ftp server I connect
> to, the size of files over 4 GB is reported as actual size - 4 GB.

You may try connecting manually, using a cmdline client. Then use
CHDIR and SIZE commands to see what the server reports. The odds are
that the server itself doesn't support files larger than 2^32
(4294967296). The possible reasons are ftp software, the OS or used
filesystem. Look up ftpd version, and search the internet for possible
issues.