On Oct 28, 2007, at 12:00 AM, Brian Adkins wrote:

> Good point, but with a format like "20070801", there's a good chance
> this is not user input, but serialized data that's already been
> parsed/
> validated and just needs to be formatted.

could be.  still, c programs are notorious for using crappy methods
of string/date generation and dumping out bad dates - we had one
system that crashed for years every newyear's eve for years until i
got around to hacking a wrapper on it... give you one guess why ;-)

a @ http://codeforpeople.com/
--
it is not enough to be compassionate.  you must act.
h.h. the 14th dalai lama