On Sat, Oct 27, 2007 at 01:00:33AM +0900, Reid Thompson wrote:
> Reid Thompson wrote:
> >Ivor Paul wrote:
> >>Hi Guys
> >>
> >>thanks for all the suggestions. I installed xchm and it looks really
> >>cool.
> >>
> >>i apt-get'ed the rubybook but I dont user-get how to interact with it
> >>now?
> >>Just installed and now I dont know where to find it or what to do with
> >>it :)
> >
> >try
> >$ sudo updatedb
> >and when that finishes
> >$ locate pdf |less
> >
> sorry,
> wrong format...
> $ locate chm |less

Does the rubybook package install a CHM format book?  I thought it just
installed an HTML format copy of the book.  If so, you might want to use
this to find it:

    $ locate html|grep -i ruby|less

If, contradictory to my memory of it, it installs CHM, this might help
narrow down the search:

    $ locate chm|grep -i ruby|less

Of course, if you find an HTML copy, you'll just have to open it in a
browser.  For instance, if it's located at /usr/share/doc/rubybook/html
you might enter this in the address bar of your browser:

    file:///usr/share/doc/rubybook/html/index.html

I think that was the path.  It's been a while, though, so I could be
mistaken.  I suppose I might be especially mistaken if you're using
Ubuntu, since I used "vanilla" Debian.

Marvin Minsky: "It's just incredible that a trillion-synapse computer could
actually spend Saturday afternoon watching a football game."