On Oct 26, 2007, at 11:12 AM, Laurent Sansonetti wrote:

> Unfortunately no, sorry, but you should still be able to manually
> build Ruby in /usr/local, exactly as in Tiger. Or use MacPorts.

i would humbling suggest that mac not follow the path tread but
redhat and a billion other oses of scattering installs all over the
place and not using standard practices for upgrade - it's a sad
statement that at noaa we do all of our serious package management
outside of rpms (building everything by hand) and i've been doing the
same on mac for the same reason: a system that leverages open source
*without* the ability to follow the rapidly moving pace of the
packages' development has complete missed one of the main features of
open source and is, for me and my clients, utterly useless -
inability to keep up with head or, at least, do that via a package
manager renders *open* source to be effectively *closed*

respectfully,

a @ http://codeforpeople.com/
--
share your knowledge.  it's a way to achieve immortality.
h.h. the 14th dalai lama