On Oct 25, 2007, at 9:42 PM, Rob Sanheim wrote:

> On 10/25/07, Laurent Sansonetti <laurent.sansonetti / gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Leopard, Mac OS X 10.5, will very soon be available to everyone!
>>
>> Many of you have been wondering about the changes that will impact
>> the
>> Ruby environment. We preventively compiled a list of all changes, and
>> you can now access it from here:
>>
>> http://ruby.macosforge.org
>> http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/ruby/wiki/WhatsNewInLeopard
>>
>> As you can see we also just created a new Ruby project on MacOSForge,
>> with the aim of providing more information regarding the usage of
>> Ruby
>> on the Mac in the future.
>>
>> Enjoy!
>>
>> Laurent
>
> Looks good, except I didn't see anything about how to upgrade ruby or
> ruby gems..will it be as easy as the doing 'sudo port upgrade ruby' ?
>
> - Rob
>
> http://robsanheim.com
> http://thinkrelevance.com

Uh, no.
Not if it isn't installed via Mac Ports (formerly known as Darwin Ports)
But it is likely that the current (or a future) one-click installer
will be maintained for custom installs...
but with a better bundled Ruby, we might see even Apple making use of
its install. They already occasionally make use of Perl and Python
bundled with OS X.