On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 06:49:03AM +0900, Tim Pease wrote:
> On Oct 25, 2007, at 12:42 PM, Laurent Sansonetti wrote:
> >Leopard, Mac OS X 10.5, will very soon be available to everyone!
> >
> >Many of you have been wondering about the changes that will impact the
> >Ruby environment. We preventively compiled a list of all changes, and
> >you can now access it from here:
> >
> >http://ruby.macosforge.org
> >http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/ruby/wiki/WhatsNewInLeopard
>
> The wiki page says that "The gem_server utility is not part of the
> client distribution of Leopard. It is only provided in the server."
> This seems a very horrible omission -- gem_server is used regularly
> to view the RDoc documentation for installed gems.  Is there another
> mechanism in Leopard to view RDoc for installed gems?  A nice Cocoa
> app perhaps ;)

As a side note, the latest RubyGems code moves the gem_server functionality
into the gem command, accessed via gem server. So in the future providing
this only on the server version of OS X wouldn't make sense as it will just
be part of the gem command and likely, by that point, RubyGems will be
bundled with Ruby itself..

marcel
--
Marcel Molina Jr. <marcel / vernix.org>