Hi Folks,
I just finished my first 40+ hours with plain old Ruby (without rails
for now), and I love this stuff!!  Everyone relates it to smalltalk,
and that seems mostly true.

Being a Certified Old Dude (and sometimes a quant-heavy economist), it
does remind me of the pleasurable experience of learning serious
programming tripping along with smalltalk on one end and various lisp
incarnations on the other, circa xerox/parc days.  So...

What are you doing with ruby?
What would you *like* to do with ruby?
Do you see ruby as a focal-point or general purpose language?
Has anyone worked with ruby along side c++ ?
Has anyone tryed ruby with Qt4 ?
How about ruby with a big, bad oo-database like Objectivity?

Thanks,
OldCodeToad
TheOldCodeToad att gmaillll.commercial