From: Liang He <goal1860 / hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: How to control another TK application
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 17:07:04 +0900
> We have a separate tk based application running(can be initialed by Ruby
> script), my task is to write a Ruby program to take the control of it
> and validate the display, function, and browse from gui to gui. It is
> much like how Watir do to web browser. Do you have any idea how can I
> implement it?

Hmm.....
If your environment is Unix/X and Tcl/Tk's "send" command is
available, 'remote-tk.rb' may help you.
Then, please read 'ext/tk/sample/remote-ip_sample.rb' and
'ext/tk/sample/remote-ip_sample2.rb'.

If you use Windows, you may need Tcl/Tk's "dde" command.
Please read Tcl/Tk's manual of "dde".
On Ruby/Tk, call "require 'tk/winpkg'".
TkWinDDE module supports it.
To control your Tk based application, you will have to modify
your application to register it as a DDE server.