On Oct 24, 2007, at 12:34 , Rob Lucas wrote:

> I need to create some method of automating builds of my rails web app.
> It needs to be built repetitively with minor differences specified
> in a
> config file. I was planning to use rake for this, but I guess it will
> need some kind of token replacement.

I'm assuming you mean that your rake rules should change based on the
config file? Is it the dependencies or rule names or rule actions
that should change? Either way, it should be easy:

config = eval File.read("config/build.conf.rb")

task "compile-#{config["stage"]}" => "do-#{config["stage"]}" do
   case config["flag"]
   when # ...
     # ...