rglpk version 0.1 has been released!

* <http://rglpk.rubyforge.org/>

Rglpk is a package providing a Ruby wrapper to the GLPK library
(http://www.gnu.org/software/glpk/). The GLPK (GNU Linear Programming
Kit) package is intended for solving large-scale linear programming
(LP), mixed integer programming (MIP), and other related problems.

This 0.1 release is really just to get some code out there, it's very
rough and there's no documentation to speak of yet. The basic
wrapping is done with Swig so all the GLPK functions should be
available in this release but with a fairly horrible API. My main
goal over the next couple of weeks is to add to the second layer of
wrapping which provides a nicer OO-style interface to the Swig
methods. And do proper documentation.

It's available as a gem, so to install:

gem install rglpk

I haven't got a proper example ready, but the following code gives
you some idea. Note require 'glpk' for the nicer Ruby-ish interface
(not 'rglpk'):

require 'glpk'

p = GLPK::Problem.new
p.add_cols(2)