Ari, right now it just handles Emails - and it is fairly good at it
actually Minero Aoki did a really good job on this library - Ruby on
Rails ActionMailer uses TMail as it's email abstraction that turns raw
email message text into a usable object.

In a nutshell, it lets you do:

  mail = Tmail.parse(my_message_text)
  mail['to']   => "mikel / example.com"
  mail['to'] = "mikel / somewhereelse.com"

etc etc etc.

In the site I use it for, I use Net::POP3 to get the email and then
parse it into a TMail object and work on it from there.

Though, I am thinking that having TMail wrap Net::POP3 and Net::SMTP
might not be a bad idea so you can do:

require 'tmail'
TMail.get_mail("my.pop.server", "myname", "mypass") do |m|
  # returns TMail object already parsed
  # do something with TMail object
end

Without having to do all the net stuff first.  Saves a couple of steps.

But this is in the future... maybe a 1.1 release.

And if anyone is wondering, we will be getting it up to 1.0 pretty
fast, once the key bugs are ironed out.

Regards

Mikel