On 10/24/07, Todd Benson <caduceass / gmail.com> wrote:
> Not only that, but enqueue and dequeue return different objects.
> Enqueue returns an array, and dequeue returns the object that was
> shifted from the stack.
>
> Todd

Hmm.  I guess shift/unshift are like that too.  Sorry for the noise.

I'm surprised, though, that this thread has received so much
attention.  I don't really have a problem with the terminology, or the
behavior of the methods pop/push/shift/unshift.  In fact, the
shift/unshift methods were two of many things that attracted me to
Ruby.  I know they exist in other languages, but I haven't experienced
the others in depth yet.

Todd