Hi All,

I just used gem to install the package "sys-admin" from the RubyForge
sysadmin project by Daniel Berger. The example that Daniel provided
for using sys-admin worked fine.

I'd like to use ri to display the RDoc documentation, but I can't
figure out how.

The package is installed at K:\_Utilities\Ruby_1.8.2-15\ruby\lib\ruby
\gems\1.8\doc\sys-admin-1.4.2-mswin32.
The rdoc subdirectory had files like fr_???_index.html for ??? =
class, file, method. Double-clicking them does produce RDoc-style
documentation.  But how can I use ri to bring up that documentation
without resorting to Windows Explorer?

I tried a few other things to no avail.  The following ri command
produces documentation of the "class" method of the class Object,  not
a list of classes of the sys-admin package:
K:\_Utilities\Ruby_1.8.2-15\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\doc\sys-admin-1.4.2-
mswin32\rdoc>ri class
Object#class
     obj.class    => class
     Returns the class of _obj_, now preferred over +Object#type+, as
an
     object's type in Ruby is only loosely tied to that object's
class.
     This method must always be called with an explicit receiver, as
     +class+ is also a reserved word in Ruby.

        1.class      #=> Fixnum
        self.class   #=> Object

 I thought "ri index" might do it,  but instead I got:
K:\_Utilities\Ruby_1.8.2-15\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\doc\sys-admin-1.4.2-
mswin32\rdoc>ri index
More than one method matched your request. You can refine
your search by asking for information on one of:

     Array#each_index, Array#index, Array#indexes, Array#rindex,
     Enumerable#each_with_index, Generator#index, Hash#index,
     Hash#indexes, String#index, String#rindex

Thanks in advance,
Richard