Hello --

On 23/10/2007, Devi Web Development <devi.webmaster / gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23.10.2007 18:35, Fernando Cacciola wrote:
> >So, is there any guideline on how to port bash scripts to ruby?
>
> A while back I considered writing some of the unix commands (and
> perhaps basic shell scripting) in cross-platform ruby, but decided it
> wasn't especially useful. Are people interested in that? Would anyone
> be willing to help. I'm kind of busy right now, but if there's
> demand...
>
> The basic idea was:
>
> $ruby -- rubyunix.rb 'fmt story.unformatted.txt > story.txt'
>
> $ruby -- rubyunix.rb -f 'c:/path/to/unix/shell/script'

It's an interesting idea, and one that I would be willing to help
with, providing it was outlined a bit more.  I'm quite busy with the
Ruby Mentors project, but that's peacemeal.  Don't forget that this
idea isn't unique; there's already a Perl Power Tools
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/ppt/).  A ruby counterpart to that
would be interesting.  :)

-- Thomas Adam