On 23.10.2007 18:35, Fernando Cacciola wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> I'm not a ruby developer just yet, but I've been reading a couple of
> in-depth references and I already like it... a lot.
>
> Today I got, once again as usual, annoyed by having to get into cygwin
> *just* to run build-related bash scripts from within windows. But I must
> be developing some ruby cells in my blood already since I thought: that's
> it... I'm rewritting them in ruby!
>
> So, is there any guideline on how to port bash scripts to ruby?

I do not know such a guide and a quick search does not seem to reveal much:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22bash+to+ruby%22

I guess this happens rarely if ever - Unix like operating systems
nowadays heavily depend on (ba)sh scripting and I doubt anyone is
changing that (although the topic comes up from time to time).

Both are significant different so that an automated conversion would
likely yield ugly Ruby code that you could rewrite faster and shorter.

Having said that, there is at least
http://user-contributions.org/wikis/userwiki/index.php?title=Bash-to-Ruby

Kind regards

	robert