On 10/22/07, lzcarl / gmail.com <lzcarl / gmail.com> wrote:
> I have create a oracle 9i (9.2) database and set its characterset to
> UTF8. After I create a table named man, together with controllers and
> scaffold with ruby, I log on to the page "New Man" and input 3 chinese
> characters and commit. But the server prompt me that, an ORA-01756 has
> happened. Strangely,  if I input 4 chinese or 3 chinese characters
> ended up with an English character, it runs well.
>
> Is there anyone met this strange problem? I am looking forward
> pressingly to the reply.
>
> Thank you in advance.

You are receiving a string termination error, usually due to a missing
end quote ' .  You need to find out what the real query is that your
scaffold is sending to the database, then you can troubleshoot.  A
missing end quote can happen for a number of reasons.

Most likely, like Robert suggested, your scaffold and Oracle are not
playing well together.

Todd