Michael T. Richter wrote:

> What worked better for them there is that Java still basically sucks for
full-fledged applications even after all this time.  Every time I fire
up a Java app I go out, make myself a fresh cup of tea, check on my
(snail)mail and just basically slack off for a while.  When I get back
the app *MAY* have started.  Unless that App is Eclipse in which case it
will likely have crashed.  Failing that I've got a few more minutes of
waiting before it starts.

Next, after MS took the bait Sun trotted out for them, and got sued, they
"invented" C#. Despite clueless bookstore workers shelve this mixed in with
C and C++, C# is really Java with some of the keywords
searched-and-replaced. And the license terms rewritten.

--
  Phlip