On Sun, Oct 21, 2007 at 02:26:14AM +0900, Tj Superfly wrote:
> Yea, thanks. I basically just want to be able to go to a website and
> it'll automatically run the program when the page is loaded and then
> give me the information I need.
>
> I'm still hunting.

Look into eruby implementations.  If you're on a webhosting account that
includes Rails support, it should also provide Ruby support.  With Ruby
support, you can stick an eruby executable in the cgi-bin and use that to
execute inline Ruby code in your markup.  More details of how this is
used can be found in the free, online edition of the Pickaxe book:

  http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/ProgrammingRuby/html/web.html

Scroll down to the part that mentions "Embedding Ruby in HTML" for some
details.  If this looks like the solution you want, ask for more
specifics about how to get eruby running, if you don't figure it out for
yourself through Google.  If you're interested in using Ruby CGI scripts,
that page should help a bit with that as well.

I use eruby for some web development myself.  It's pretty easy to get
along with.

Leon Festinger: "A man with a conviction is a hard man to change. Tell him
you disagree and he turns away. Show him facts and figures and he questions
your sources. Appeal to logic and he fails to see your point."