On Oct 18, 2:44 am, "Robert Klemme" <shortcut... / googlemail.com>
wrote:
> 2007/10/18, Brian Adkins <lojicdot... / gmail.com>:
> > On Oct 17, 4:10 pm, Perry Smith <p... / easesoftware.com> wrote:
> > > I am using this technique for class instance variables:
> > Just out of curiosity, why do you want a "class instance variable"
> > instead of a class variable?
>
> Probably because class variables have @@various issues as has
> discusses before.  I would also recommend to not use them.

What issues have you experienced with them to cause you to not
recommend them? I rarely have a need for either class variables or
"class instance variables", but I've yet to experience any problems
with class variables.

I think they have different purposes, strengths and weaknesses, but I
wouldn't recommend not using class variables, so I'm curious if I'm
missing some problem with them.