On 17 Oct, 17:04, John Joyce <dangerwillrobinsondan... / gmail.com>
wrote:

>> If you are on a MAC, iMovie will do this.

>  From that perspective, even Quicktime Pro can do it. And it's
> scriptable via Ruby (through AppleScript)

You don't even need the paid version of Quicktime Player as its
scripting interface is fully accessible even in unpaid mode. Another
Mac-only option would be to use QTKit via RubyCocoa. I dunno what'd be
best option in this case though as it's not something I've ever done
myself.

BTW, there was a similar question here a while back - I posted a QTP-
based solution to that that might be of some help if you go that
route:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/msg/41a4029a10fe0ad3

In theory, you should be able to call QTP's 'export' command with the
'image sequence' option, but I'm not sure how you're meant to specify
the export settings (specifically the frame rate) for that - it looks
like it may have cut a few corners there. However, if you don't need
to export a huge number of frames, I imagine you could get by with
exporting them one at a time.

HTH

has
--