On Oct 17, 1:10 pm, Daniel Berger <djber... / gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 17, 9:31 am, Mauricio Fernandez <m... / acm.org> wrote:
>
> > rocaml allows you to write Ruby extensions in Objective Caml.
>
> <snip>
>
> I grabbed the latest and greatest Ocaml tarball and installed it.
> However, when I try to install rocaml I get this:
>
> sh: camlp5: not found
> *** extconf.rb failed ***
>
> I have no camlp5 in /usr/local/bin. I have camlp4, however, and the
> comments in rocaml_extconf.rb suggest that either should suffice.
>
> What should I do?

I decided to grab camlp5 (http://pauillac.inria.fr/~ddr/camlp5/) and
try again. The extconf.rb script succeeds now. However, now the make
fails:

ocamldep.opt  rubyOCamlUtil.ml > .depend
sh: ocamldep.opt: not found
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `.depend'

I have ocamldep, but no ocamldep.opt. Where do I go from here?

Thanks,

Dan