So you'd prefer a few tweaks:

> I don't really see the reason why the GC would need or want a specific
> thread to itself - for a start, such a design makes the system slower on
> low end systems. There may also be cases where it is possible to choose
> 'optimal' times to run the GC within a single thread context.

So if it were someday created to run as a separate thread, you'd like to
still be able to have a call 'GC.start.join' or what not, to let it
finish during an 'optimal' time?

>...A call to GC.start under these conditions can prevent an OOME, or more
> particularly, that all loaded extensions
> are told to free when an OOME occurs

And you'd prefer a small change to the GC such that it also starts on
OOME's, correct?

http://zdavatz.wordpress.com/2007/07/18/heap-fragmentation-in-a-long-running-ruby-process/
Wow I hope I never run into any memory issues like that!

Yeah those also sound reasonable :)
Wish lists have no bias :)
Take care.
-Roger