On 15.10.2007 18:45, Robert Klemme wrote:

>>> It's not as simple as you've expected.  First we need to define how
>>> "uninterruptible" section work.
>>
>> I agree.  One definition would be to mark Thread.critical, then runs
>> the block, then unmark.  I would use it :)
>
> Bad idea in light of native threads IMHO.  Every construct that halts
> all threads should be avoided.  If you need exclusive access to
> resources you need to proper synchronize on them.

I meant: in the light of the fact that native threads will come at a
certain point in time.  Your suggested feature would make it
unnecessarily complex and slow to use native threads (there would have
to be regular synchronization on some hidden global lock, which defies
the whole purpose of using (native) threads).

	robert