Hi,

In message "Re: RubyTraits 0.1"
    on Mon, 15 Oct 2007 23:39:24 +0900, Trans <transfire / gmail.com> writes:

|> Even though I like the concept of traits, traits and modules are too
|> close in concept, too different in behavior.  Having both in a
|> language may cause confusion.  Too bad I didn't know about traits when
|> I designed Ruby.
|
|What behavior difference are you thinking about? To the end-programmer
|wouldn't it look mostly the same?

Yes, that's why I said "too close" to have them both.

The biggest difference I concern is traits inject attributes where
modules create relationship.  Modules can conflict (overriding rule
applied), traits can't.

If I knew traits before designing Ruby, I'd have chosen traits over
modules.  But that's the life.

							matz.